A professionally qualified coach helping professional women overcome inner doubt and become confident in the workplace and in life.
Welcome! I’m Alison Bell-Roberts
My goal is to help you to overcome self-doubt and become confident in both work and life.
I’m a qualified coach that specialises in issues related to confidence.
This website is for professional women who want to succeed in the workplace. Who hold themselves back because they don’t feel confident to put themselves forward.
Have you ever said:
- I wish I could stand up for myself and stop being ‘dumped on’ when it comes to workload
- My manager makes me feel stupid when I don’t get things right first time
- I hate having to deal with difficult managers who want to make my life hell
- I always feel guilty because I can’t get everything done.
You lie awake at night, your mind whirring at a hundred miles an hour as you nit-pick your way through what happened that day.
Your mind torments you with:
- Trying to create a balance between work and home
- Tasks left incomplete
- A long to-do list. If you were to complete everything on it, you would have to live to be at least 104 years old
- Looming projects you worry won’t get done, let alone fit into your calendar
- A workload so high you’re skimming the surface because you’re unable to say no to demands made upon you.
- Conversations that didn’t go well where you ended up hiding in the toilet trying to stem the tears.
- And the fear, oh yes the fear. That horrible feeling that you are a fraud and don’t know what you’re doing.
You know you are capable, but the overriding feeling that consumes you is failing and falling behind.
Nobody can understand what you are going through and worst of all… nobody can help.
You convince yourself that if you just work harder and longer hour’s things will get better. You need better working conditions so you can take it in your stride. But you can’t afford to leave as you need the money. And you worry that you won’t get another job.
- You want to be more confident but you’re not good at being assertive.
- You want to be someone who others look up to. The person who gets things done and doesn’t act like a ‘stress head’
Your confidence is rock bottom.
You feel very alone and there is no-one you can trust to talk to.
And NOBODY LISTENS or takes you seriously.
I HEAR YOU.
I’m LISTENING and I UNDERSTAND what it’s like to feel all these things.
Because I’ve been there.
And you know what? There is light at the end of the tunnel (and it’s not just another train on the track heading straight for you. I know what you’re thinking!)
Welcome to Upside And Up, and my little corner of the internet.
Hi! I’m Alison, nice to meet you. Let me introduce myself properly.
I’m a coach, trainer, avid reader and hater of housework.
I live in Berkshire, a beautiful county in the UK, with my wonderful hubby Julian, and our three fur babies; Reuben, Bonnie and Frank.
I have a degree in law but decided fairly quickly that I did not want to become a lawyer. And no, before you ask, it had nothing to do with wigs.
I joined the corporate world and spent 30 years in Human Resources. I’ve had the privilege of working for some great companies and incredible people.
I became a manager early in my career. Despite my success, I struggled with self-doubt, imposter syndrome and an inability to say no. The more successful I became, the more scared I was of failing.
In 2016 I became ill. I was completely burnt out.
I lost confidence in myself. My anxiety levels went through the roof. I hit rock bottom. Something had to change.
I set about looking at my situation from a new perspective. I began to build my confidence up. Slowly at first.
I learned how to change my thinking. Overcame the inner doubt that was holding me back.
I regained my confidence.
As a qualified coach and trainer, I want to use my skills and experiences to help you.
My biggest discovery is that self-confidence can be learned. And you can learn it too.
I’m here to show you the way.